Based on your business and organizing style, naming your digital folders can look a little different than someone else's. That's okay!
One size does not fit all.
What matters is keeping your system consistent so you can always find what you're looking for.
I read an article from Dropbox recently that laid out a simple plan for people who have clients (and projects attached to them):
1. Break out your core folders by year.
2. Create subfolders by month.
3. Under subfolders create a folder for each client.
4. Under each client make a folder for the project. (There can be multiple project folders under each client.)
5. Under each project folder create subfolders for the details of that project such as Contracts/Agreements, Invoices/Payments, Fundraising, Insurance, Inspiration, Meeting Notes, etc.!!!
Depending on your industry each subfolder will vary. If you're an artist, real estate agent, insurance broker, or florist, your folders will have different names, but the process can be the same.
Contact me for help with organizing your digital files! firstname.lastname@example.org
Image: Crew on Unsplash